A fire broke out at a house in Mirsarai. The fire broke out at Jafar Mistry’s house in East Hinguli village of Hinguli union’s 9th ward of the upazila on Wednesday (September 29). Zafar Ahmed Prakash Zafar Mistry’s family was affected in the fire.
Shahinur Akhter, wife of Zafar Mistry, said that an electric short fire broke out at around 12.45pm on Wednesday night and the flames of the fire spread around. During this time, the loan for the poultry farm was Tk 4 lakh in cash and a total of Tk 5 lakh including the previous 1 lakh, mobile phones, furniture, documents, 5 loads of gold ornaments and about ten lakh rupees were lost and 5 rooms including the kitchen were burnt to ashes. Locals were able to bring the fire under control after trying for 1 hour. A team of Mirsarai Fire Service came after receiving the news of the fire but the road of the house was lost in the canal and the fire service vehicle could not reach the spot.
Sub-Inspector (SI) of Jorarganj Police Station Ratan Kumar visited the spot after receiving information about the fire.
Imam Hossain Patwari, station officer of Mirsarai Fire Service and Civil Defense, said a team of fire service reached the spot after receiving a call from 999 at around 12 midnight. However, it takes a while to reach the house due to the road. The fire was initially known to have started from an electrical short circuit.