A fire broke out at a garment factory housed in an eight-storey building in city’s Shyamoli area early Tuesday.
The blaze originated at the sewing section of ‘Goldstar Garments Ltd’ on the sixth floor around 5:30 am.
Being informed, five firefighting units rushed to the scene and tamed the flames after one hour of effort, said Fire Service and Civil Defence control room officer Rozina Islam.
There were no casualties in the incident.
The fire originated from an electrical short-circuit on the floor and it gutted equipment and materials worth Tk 20 lakh, the officer informed.